GUIDED WALKING HOLIDAYS IN THE WEST OF IRELAND
Terms & Conditions
Bookings / Cancellations
A deposit of €150 is required with your completed booking form.
For Irish clients, please make payment by crossed cheque made payable to Croagh Patrick Walking Tours and post to the address below. For UK & International clients, please make payment by direct interbank transfer to:
Sort Code: 93 71 69
This is the information you require to effect transfer
In the unlikely event of our having to cancel a tour, at least 5 weeks notice will be given and we will return your deposit.
It is essential to take out holiday insurance to cover cancellation, personal accident, illness or loss of possessions.
How to Get Here
Via Dublin Airport and onward to Westport by direct rail link fron Heuston Station, Dublin.
In addition to the normal luggage that you take on a trip, we recommend you bring the following personal equipment to insure that you have total enjoyment on your walking tour. It is also for your safety and for the safety of the other members in the group.
Recommended type of walking boot for Ireland
This type of walking shoe is not recommended.
• You will enjoy your holiday more if you are reasonably fit at the start. In the next few weeks wear your hiking boots regularly and complete as many day long practice walks as possible before your holiday. You should strive to hike between 5 - 7 miles at a time and do try and include some uphill training
• Comfortable well broken in walking boots with a good tread and with ankle support. Please see photo on left. This is very important as over the course of the week you will have to walk over uneven, rocky ground that will be wet and boggy in patches. We also recommend a leather boot over a fabric made boot.
• Sandals or runners / trainers / sneakers to change into after the hike ends each day. The hiking boots can remain on the bus for the duration of the tour.
• Goretex rain jacket and over trousers
• Fleece jacket
• Shower proof walking trousers
• Hat & gloves for cooler days
• Water bottle, walking stick (sticks are optional but Gerry can supply if required).
• Camera, spare batteries, midge / fly repellent, sun hat, sunglasses, high-factor sun protection.
• Small first-aid kit, blister pack (moleskin or compeed)
• Euros for drinks, entrance fee to Kylemore Abbey. It may be Wednesday before you have the opportunity to get to a bank so make sure you have a small supply of Euro.
• Rucksack / backpack with a liner to carry everything in and a waterproof rucksack cover to keep everything inside nice and dry .
Please note that denim jeans, trainers / runners, capes / ponchos and umbrellas are not recommended for walking in Ireland. Any guest who, in the opinion of the guide is inappropriately kitted out will not be allowed participate on the walks.
Croagh Patrick Walking Tours, Belclare, Westport, County Mayo, Ireland
Telephone +353 98 26090 Mobile +353 87 2333 295 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org